Cara was previously employed at the Family Court of Australia as a Legal Associate to the Honourable Justice Johns and the Honourable Justice Thornton. Throughout her time at the Family Court, she was directly involved in both interim and final hearings and gained extensive experience in a wide range of family law matters.
Cara’s thorough knowledge of family law and the court processes and procedures ensures she provides advice in a practical manner, while advocating for the outcomes sought by her clients.
With an interest in complex financial matters, Cara regularly liaises with her clients’ business advisors, accountants and other allied professionals to ensure relevant advice is provided and any complexities are resolved at settlement.
Cara has experience in parenting matters including in complex matters involving family violence and relocation.
As a member of the Junior Family Lawyers Working Group (LIV), Cara attends social and educational events which assist in the development and advancement of junior practitioners. Cara was the former coordinator of volunteer programs at Monash Oakleigh Legal Service where she implemented a service for disadvantaged members of the community to be provided with free family law advice.
Cara attends regular continuing legal education and mentoring sessions with senior lawyers of the firm.
Personal Assistant: Georgina Mansell
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria Junior Family Lawyers Working Group
- Former Coordinator of Volunteer Programs at Monash Oakleigh Legal Service
- Former committee member of the Prison Legal Education and Assistance Program
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Arts
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of Victorian Women Lawyers