Matthew is a special counsel and an LIV Accredited Family Law Specialist. He has practised exclusively in family law since his admission. Matthew also holds a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne.
With an insightful knowledge of the family system, Matthew has experience in advising and litigating complex financial and high-net wealth matters involving commercial law and taxation issues, often concerning intricate trust and corporate structuring, farming ventures and businesses and third parties such as liquidators or trustees in bankruptcy. He also has experience in financial agreements, child support, spousal maintenance and parenting matters involving serious allegations of family violence.
Approaching matters with skill and precision, Matthew is adept to understanding the delicate nature of family law. He is empathetic and provides care to achieving client’s focused outcomes, either through litigation in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia or through alternative dispute resolution such as mediation. Matthew also works closely with accountants and financial advisors when assisting clients.
Matthew has presented on family law topics to other lawyers and financial professions. He is a member of the Accredited Specialisation Family Law Advisory Committee.
Personal Assistant: Cristina Drakopoulos
- Member of the Accredited Specialisation Family Law Advisory Committee
- Presenter at family law Continuing Legal Education seminars conducted by TVed
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Western Sydney
- Master of Laws – University of Melbourne
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted to Practice in the High Court of Australia
- Accredited Family Law Specialist, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Law Council of Australia – Family & Relationship Law Section
- Member of the Court Practice Committee of the LIV – Family & Relationship Law Section