Prior to joining Taussig Cherrie Fildes in 2014, Carly worked for two years as a legal associate to the Honourable Justices Bennett and former Justices Macmillan and Thornton at the Family Court of Australia (as it was then known) before joining Taussig Cherrie Fildes in 2014.
Carly has extensive experience in complex financial matters, including high-net-worth property disputes as well as drafting and providing advice in relation to parenting orders, property orders, financial agreements and child support agreements. Carly also regularly acts in high conflict parenting matters, many of which involve serious allegations of risk or family violence.
She achieves excellent outcomes for her clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters, aiming to resolve them by agreement, including at mediation, where possible.
Taking a conscientious and pragmatic approach, Carly’s clients benefit from her expertise, along with her insightful knowledge of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia. Her compassionate and accurate advice is provided with an understanding of the particular challenges experienced by families after separation.
Carly was a Family Law finalist in the Lawyers Weekly ’30 Under 30’ awards in 2018. She was recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a Family Law Rising Star in Victoria in 2021-2023.
Paralegal/Personal Assistant: Marian Jenkin
- Co-author of several papers relating to family law with Principal, Paul Fildes
- Juris Doctor (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Melbourne)
- Accredited Family Law Specialist, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria